The Essence of Strong Fundamentals
Research is an inherent part of what makes SeQuent and is reflected in our core values of Knowledge and Expertise. Our dedication to rigorous and groundbreaking science has helped us leverage our R&D expertise both in skill and infrastructure. SeQuent boasts a winning combination of scientific expertise and state-of-the-art facilities which have proven our ability in life science with a number of patents and extensive publications till date. This has also resulted in us filing for several DMFs. Among others, SeQuent's expertise is especially strong in in carbohydrate chemistry and heterocyclic chemistry (pyridines, pyrimidines, pyrroles, pyrrolidine, Indoles).
Our state-of-the-art R&D centre in Mangalore accommodates 120 scientists working on process development, contract research and custom synthesis and boasts an expertise in development, scale up and commercialization of products involving the following class of reactions:
- Catalytic hydrogenation (noble metal catalysis)
- Hydride reductions
- Fluorinations (DAST, deoxy fluor)
- Organometallic Reactions (Grignard, diethyl zinc)
- Azide reactions
- Hazardous reactions involving cyanuric chloride, ethyl mercaptan etc.
- Friedel Crafts reactions
- Suzuki Coupling.
- Asymmetric synthesis and chiral separations
- High Pressure and high temperature reactions